Wednesday, October 1, 2008

WebUtil 1.0.6 Installation/Configuration

Recently I have been working on upgrading an Oracle Forms/Reports application from Oracle Application Server 10g (9.0.4) to 10g Release 2(10.1.2.2.0), which requires upgrading WebUtil 1.0.5 to 1.0.6. I followed Oracle® Forms Developer WebUtil User's Guide Release 1.0.6, but had problem to make it work. First, I had this error when the application tried to use WebUtil: "oracle.forms.webutil.file.FileFunctions bean not found. WEBUTIL_FILE.FILE_SELECTION_DIALOG_INT will not work". This turned out to be a configuration issue in formsweb.conf. Once I copied all the [webutil] configuration section to the [application] configuration section, this error disappeared and it started to install/download WebUtil. During the download process, I ran into another error: "WUC-24: Error reading URL http://hostname:port/forms/webutil/jacob.dll". I was puzzled at first because the URL seemed to be correct and Jacob.dll was in that directory. Finally I re-extracted Jacob.dll from jacob_18.zip to my ORACLE_HOME/forms/webutil directory, and that resolved the error.

2 comments:

Bhupesh Mehta said...

What do u mean or what did u do when u said "Once I copied all the [webutil] configuration section to the [application] configuration section"

Li Li 李力 said...

basically I meant to copy all the configure under [webutil] to whatever your application section [xxx]. [xxx] would be your configuration for your application